Student Veteran Checklist
Are you a New Student, Continuing Student, or a Returning Student? Chose a dropdown option below:
Returning Student (away for 2 or more semesters)
- Step #1
- Step #2ÌýApply toÌý CCSF viaÌýCCC ApplyÌýwebsite. Save Student ID and set upÌýÌýaccount , and student emailÌý().Ìý
- Step #3ÌýCompleteÌýNew Student Veteran Orientation (Online)Ìý
- Step #4ÌýComplete the Online Assessment Form to get Math and English Placement.ÌýThis is not an actual test but aÌýself-report form.
- Step #5ÌýFill out the
- Step #6ÌýProvideÌýrequired Documents. (Click hyperlink respectively to upload file)Ìý
- (Member 4 Copy).Ìý
- if using Post 9/11 GI BillÂ®, If using VR&E there is no COE, your Rehabilitation Counselor will send your authorization (VA Form 22-1905) to our School Certifying Officials and Bookstore. Ìý
- ÌýOfficial Transcripts from other Institution of Higher Learning must be submitted by the end of your 1st semester at City.Ìý
- , to include Marriage Certificate or Birth Certificate if using Ch.35 DEA. Ìý
- Step #7ÌýDeclare major at CCSF. Do this stepÌýin your before seeing a counselor.Ìý
- Step #8 Develop an Education Plan with a Veterans Academic Counselor.Ìý If Official Transcripts are submitted, you will get a full comprehensive education plan, if you have not submitted Official Transcripts, you will be give a shortened 1 semester Education Plan until the Official Transcript have been submitted.Ìý
- Step #9 Register for ClassesÌý(Class Schedule, Registration Guide - PDF, ). OnlyÌý classes on you educational plan developed by a Veterans Academic Counselor will be certified.Ìý
- Step #10 Submit Certification Request Form (EVERY Semester)
- If a student veteran using VA Educational Benefits adds or drops any class after they have been certified for the semester, the VA requires the ÌýÌýÌýÌý student to inform the School Certifying Officials. At CCSF student vetÂerans do this by completing the: Change of Enrollment form found on at Ìý under the Certification Forms page. Ìý
** Post-9/11 GI BillÂ® students attending IHL facilities who receive Monthly Housing Allowance (MHA) and/or kicker payments are required to.
** Not using VA education benefit but would like to get Priority Registration date, please complete steps 2,3,4,8 and provide DD214.
- Step #1ÌýUpdate Education Plan with a Veterans Academic Counselor
- Step #2ÌýRegister for ClassesÌý(Class Schedule, Registration Guide - PDF, )
- Step #3ÌýSubmit Certification Request Form (EVERY Semester)
Ìý* Post-9/11 GI BillÂ® students attending IHL facilities who receive Monthly Housing Allowance (MHA) and/or kicker payments are required to.
- Step #1ÌýReapply to CCSFÌý
- Step #2 Submit Official* Transcripts if you attended other college.Ìý
- Step #3ÌýMajor can be declared or changed in your l
- Step #4ÌýUpdate Education Plan with a Veterans Academic Counselor
- Step #5ÌýRegister for ClassesÌý(Class Schedule, Registration Guide - PDF, )
- Step #6ÌýSubmit Certification Request Form (EVERY Semester)
*Please send official transcript to Admission and Record Transcript Department and request
**Post-9/11 GI BillÂ® students attending IHL facilities who receive Monthly Housing Allowance (MHA) and/or kicker payments are required to
Stay updated by self-enrolling into our Veterans Services Canvas account!
We post announcements weekly via our Canvas!!
Use the VHC link to speak to our staff. If you need to see a counselor via Drop-in, come into the Veterans Resource Center on campus or use the Virtual Help Counter link to get added to the Drop-in list, to have a counselor call you when you are next. Priority is given to in-person veterans.Ìý
Need assistanceÌýenrolling in VA Health Care? We encourage you to contact Bridget Leach and Dennis Moore, our two SF VA Licensed Clinical Social Workers (LCSW) who are housed out of our VETS Office. This SF VA and CCSF VETS Office collaboration was established in 2010.Ìý
|Location:||Cloud Hall #333|
|Hours Available:||Monday - Thursday: 10:00 AM - 4:00 PM|
|Contacts:||Bridget Leach, LCSW -Ìý415-200-6933 /ÌýDennis Moore, LCSW -Ìý415-845-0996|