The SEFA Student Emergency Fund Application is nowÌýavailable. The SEFA is a limited emergency grant. The purpose of the grant is for students to use the funds towards emergency related situations, including rent, food insecurities, utility cutoff notifications, etc. The maximum amount the students can apply for is $500 and the grant can only be awarded once in a lifetime. The additional criteria is as follows:
- Apply for financial aid by completing a Ìýor for the associated academic year
- Demonstrate financial need
- Be classified as a California Resident
- Enrolled in at least 6ÌýCCSF units for the application term
- Meet Academic Standing Standards
- 2.0 cumulative GPA
- Completed 50% of all units attempted at CCSF
- Submit a typed personal statement explaining your financial hardship/extenuating circumstances
- Submit a comprehensive Student Education Plan
- Has not previously received Student Emergency Funds
- Provide supporting documentation of the emergency
- E.g. Proof of eviction notice, utility shut off notification, death of parent/spouse, or other proof of rent and/or food insecurities
Grants are awarded based on urgency of need, available funding, and exhaustion of all other funding resources/options. You can view the Student Emergency Funds Application .
For assistance completing the application see: .
For questions, please contact the Financial Aid Office at email@example.com or via our Financial Aid Virtual Help Counter.