Mission & Strategic Plan
As relentless champions for all students, North ¾ÅÉ«ÊÓÆµ Schools’ mission is to develop self-aware, authentically empowered, future-ready learners through a rich array of purposeful learning opportunities in collaborative communities of belonging that are:
- culturally affirming
- academically challenging
- experiential and exploratory
for each student.
North ¾ÅÉ«ÊÓÆµ Schools’ 2022 – 2027 Strategic Plan defines aspirational goals for organizational improvement with representation from students, families, staff members, Board members, business partners and the community.
The district’s first step in strategic planning involved gathering input from students, families, community and staff members in the fall of 2021. Students had a variety of means to share their thinking. All other stakeholders had two options for their voices to be heard: Community Forums or Virtual Input. All information gleaned from those we serve was compiled and processed. The Strategic Planning Team used this data as part of a three-day retreat to develop:
- Beliefs (The unequivocal expression of fundamental values, convictions, and character.)
- Mission (A clear, definitive statement of highest aspiration including unique identity, specific purpose, and critical attributes.)
- Parameters (Strict pronouncements that establish the boundaries, limits, and rules within which the mission is to be accomplished.)
- Objectives (The desired measurable, observable, or demonstrable results that realize the mission.)
- Strategies (Largely stated initiatives through which the mission and objectives are to be achieved.)
Action Planning Teams took the work of the initial group to further develop the plan. More than one hundred staff members, students, parents, administrators and community members dedicated time over several months to develop action plans with results statements for each strategy. Their articulation of the Strategic Planning Team’s thinking was then reviewed and approved by that group. A labor of love to many was presented to the Board of Education for approval in May 2022.
From the Strategic Plan, the Board of Education establishes annual district goals and the school board's Balanced Scorecard. School planning follows to establish the relationship between the strategic plan and school plans. The 2022-2023 Balanced Scorecard was presented and approved in summer 2022.
ARCHIVED STRATEGIC PLAN